Saturday 17 September 2016

Blair Witch

So this is my first attempt at a movie review and I hope it does well

I watch new movies quite often and I always have a opinion on them so I thought I would put it down in writing as a reference for other people to go by.
I do believe that you should never judge a book/movie by the cover so I shall always watch a movie regardless of what I hear before passing judgment.

THE BLAIR WITCH

I recently watched the Blair witch.

I loved the original and I do believe it was a bar raiser for the kind of movie it was, set as a documentary and through the eyes of the camcorder of the people involved it was truly unique and hit people on a physiological level, you never actually saw any thing directly and there was actually no special effects what so ever in the original, the story was compelling and the cast seemed genuine.

Now the way I work is I rate movies on a out of ten scale.. so the original Blair witch project got a 6/10 for me, I am often very strict and honest to my opinion on the movies I watch.. and a VERY rare few movies have made the 10/10.


So as for the Blair witch 

The movie starts out quite well.. again following a group of people as they record events that are almost identical to the first one, they go in to the woods after hearing that they have found yet more tapes from the original Blair witch project. Here is where I feel the Hollywood effect takes over, the plot line in short is that one of the people in this movie is the brother of Heather the lady from the original, he goes on information from the footage and a young couple who found the tapes. After been lead far in to the forest , slowly but surly things begin to happen and one by one they are picked off by trees that move and shadows that have heavy footsteps.

The acting in this one is not bad but could be better, and while it had a lot more of a budget than the original there is nothing physiological about this one, it seems to me that rather than try that approach they decided to just place several scenes in the movie to make you jump out of your seat.

the movie does leave you with many questions and it wont surprise me if it is followed by a sequel sometime in the future.

The Blair Witch gets a ....5/10

Worth a watch but don't expect to much apart from the occasional jump out of your seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment