Sunday 18 September 2016

Ghostbusters

Having been a big fan of the original Movie , I was reluctant to give the new ( Reboot) a try.

The original movie had four of the major actors of their time and a solid story to go on, 
the special effects were at the edge of technology for the 80s..it was just a all round good movie which I dearly love and with that in mind the reboot had a lot to live up to.

So on to the new version
The Reboot had so much hype and advertisements were plenty, and I must admit I was very skeptical that it would live up to the hype, after all it has big shoes to fill, and with four relativity unknown actresses it would be even tougher, so how did it do.

TERRIBLE, the story was weak the acting was weaker, the plot involves a crazy scientist who has created a device to amplify paranormal activity within its range. and four reject scientists come together to create the Ghostbusters. they are soon fighting the ghosts on more levels than one with new gadgets and quirky one liners.

The movie actually starts of really well and in the for the first five minutes I thought .. ohhh i'm in for a surprise here, but after that it just falls down rapidly. the best element in it is actually Chris Hemsworth who is genuinely funny throughout and shines above all the others in the move... he plays the Secretary and never fails to entertain when he is on screen.

there are some funny one liners from the rest of the cast but if it wasn't for Chris Hemsworth and a few cameo appearnces from Bill Murray, Dan Akroyd  and Ernie Hudson, this movie would in my opinion be a complete failure.

While I may have been comparing it to the original which I couldn't help and it does not come any where near, I cant help but feel that it is just a big let down.  

Shoddy Acting, terrible plot, the special effects were actually great but not enough to save it.
if you take it as a stand alone movie and have not seen the original you may enjoy it more but I wouldn't expect anything great from it.

My movie rating for Ghostbusters is 3/10

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment